5 June 2020
Welcome level one - WE ARE BACK!!!!
From Monday 8th June 2020 Apollo Medical is resuming ‘near normal' service.
All the doctors, nurses and wider team are back working from the centre. No-one will remain working from home from Monday.
ManageMyHealth (the practice portal) is fully open to online bookings with your registered General Practitioner.
Apollo has retained some of the new improved services learnt through lockdown as we move into Level 1. These are:
- Keeping some appointments each day for ‘telehealth' – these consults are SHORTER (10 MINUTES) AND CHEAPER and are ideal for follow up appointments that do not require further physical examination, or for those quick consultations for single issues. They are convenient for both patient and doctor – avoids traffic and parking issues!!! A major plus!!
- Apollo is promoting contact tracing with their QR code on arrival and hand hygiene with automated hand sanitiser dispensers at all entrances to the centre. PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH HYGIENE – hands, cough etiquette etc.
- Apollo retains masks for symptomatic patients, and we insist that you wear these masks in if you have a cough, so please follow instructions of the team.
- Apollo will continue to ‘stream' patients with potentially infectious respiratory symptoms to an allocated area within the centre to be reviewed. THE DOCTOR WHO YOU HAVE MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH WILL COME TO THIS AREA TO CONSULT WITH YOU. PLEASE be honest with the screening questions our receptionists will be asking you, so that we can keep everyone SAFE!
- Electronic laboratory orders, and electronic sending of prescriptions to your preferred pharmacy will continue. This means less paper – and more importantly the patient does not need to come in to pick up forms/prescriptions – no traffic or parking hassles again!
- Pre-payment for services will continue. This is good not only for Apollo but also for the patient. Once the patient has received a service – repeat prescription or consultation – prepayment allows the patient to simple leave the centre without lining up at reception to settle any account. There is no need to come to the centre to settle the account - if this is a repeat prescription service for instance. PLEASE NOTE Apollo is working hard to have an online payment system to facilitate ‘non-credit/debit card' transactions, to simplify this process even further. Watch this space!
Finally, Apollo joins all of NZ in being very proud of all Kiwis and how we all have helped our country get to this position of near elimination of the Coronavirus.
Apollo would like to thank everyone for their patience and kindness to our team throughout this challenging time, and we look forward to resuming our ‘near-normal' services on Monday.
Dr Lynne Coleman MNZM
Click here for previous updates